Saturday, April 3, 2010

REVIEW – The Boss and Nurse Albright by Lynne Marshall

I have to admit first off I am a fan of Medical Romances published by Harlequin. I’ve been reading them since 2005 and have grown to look forward to some of the authors. Lynne is one of them.

Nurse Claire Albright is starting over in Santa Barbara after a divorce from the man she thought would be her mate for life. She has her young daughter Gina in tow and is determined to make it as a single mother.

Dr. Jason Rogers wants to be in his own little world. The less personal contact with others, the better. But, when he meets Claire and her daughter he begins an internal struggle over what he wants and what he thinks he deserves.



The couple initially spars over Claire’s strong beliefs in the healing powers of homeopathic care. Jason has alot to overcome -- his past loss is a doozy -- and Claire seems like the right person to help him do it.

I like Claire’s positive attitude – about life, tackling challenges and her own chronic illness. I guess that portion appealed to me because I am someone who doesn’t respond well to negativity and sometimes we see it way too much in health care.

Lynne has a knack for creating characters you can relate to and stories that stay with you. The Boss and Nurse Albright did just that for me.

I haven't yet established ratings (not sure if I will), but if I did I would give this book one of the highest. Looking forward to Lynne's next story. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment